DRINKING WINDOWS: CLUB WINES
I have been asked to update on some past Club releases in case you are still holding any of these bottles (which is great to do when possible). Happy reading, and happier drinking. If you have any specific questions about cellaring wine or building a wine collection, please reach out using the form on this website, or emailing us.
- 2019 Ch Roquettes: Drink or hold, will continue to be good through 2035 and beyond. This was a special foray back into St. Emilion, but unfortunately not a production that will be available again for a few years.
- 2019 Oryah Duke Pontiff: Drink with several hours of breathing time, or bury it for a year and revisit. The layers need time to open up. If you try this with summer BBQ, don’t let the bottle get too warm. A slight chill will keep the aromas fresh.
- 2019 Ch Castelbruck: Hold, ideally. This wine has so much more to give, and although it is delicious now, try to hold off. And, it’s completely sold out, so savor it while you can.
- 2018 Viniferia Super Tuscan: This is good now, and I like the freshness and intensity of the fruit. If you like Italian wine that really develops those sour cherry and herb flavors, wait two years.
- 2019 Marchand Hautes de Nuits: The baby fat is starting to melt on this one. I think you can still drink it with sufficient aeration but at this point probably best to hold. 2021 on the way.
- 2019 Lahat Wines ‘Adom’ Red Blend: I am continually blown away by how delicious these wines are. This wine happens to be perfect now, but if you prefer softer fruit and complex aromas, then wait another year or two.
- 2018 Ch Haut-Breton Larigaudiere: This beast of a wine is still very much a baby, but still eminently drinkable. It’s a 15 year wine, so if you have enough bottles then pop one open. Needs 3 hours to open.
- 2019 Timbre Winery “Rare Groove” Red Blend: Another delicious baby wine. I had this bottle last week during a broader retrospective tasting. It really begins to shine after 2 hours open and has a long life ahead of it. Lovely.